I am an IT professional with over 15 years of experience supporting and implementing technology to improve business processes. I am experienced in the design, planning, implementation, optimization, and troubleshooting of physical and virtual datacenter environments. I am able to diagnose complex problems and systems to consistently deliver effective solutions.
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Design vSphere 5 (VCAP5-DCD)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Administrator vSphere 5 (VCAP5-DCA)
- VMware Certified Professional vSphere 5 (VCP5)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Administrator vSphere 4 (VCAP4-DCA)
- VMware Certified Professional vSphere 4 (VCP4)
- Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator for Citrix XenApp 6 (CCAA)
- Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenApp 6 (CCA)
- Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenDesktop 5 (CCA)
- EMC Proven Professional Information Storage Associate (EMCISA)
- Proficient in the deployment, configuration, and optimization of VMware technologies including vCenter Server, ESXi, ESX, Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), vMotion, High Availability (HA), Distributed Power Management (DPM), Fault Tolerance (FT), PowerCLI, virtual networking, VMware Update Manager (VUM), physical to virtual migrations, Storage DRS, Storage vMotion, vCenter Orchestrator, and VMware Workstation.
- Configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting iSCSI, CIFS, and NFS storage on an EMC Celerra NS20.
- Deploying backup solutions for virtual and physical servers using EMC AVAMAR and VMware Data Recovery.
- Administering Microsoft technologies including Windows Server (NT, 2000, 2003, 2008), Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange (2003), and Microsoft SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008).
- Designing, configuring, and administering LAN and WAN connectivity on Cisco hardware.
- Configuring and administering a wide range of network services and protocols including Ethernet, TCP/IP, switching, routing, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, VPN, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, NDMP, SNMP, SSH, FTP, and DNS.
- Configuring server, workstation, network, and storage hardware from multiple vendors including EMC, NetApp, Dell, HP, and Cisco.
ABS Technology Architects, Virginia Beach, VA
November 2012 – Present
Senior Virtualization Engineer
Tidewater Community College, Chesapeake, VA
January 2011 – Present
- Provide instruction using VMware IT Academy (VITA) resources and through real world examples of the benefits gained by using virtualization and VMware technologies.
- VMware Install, Configure, and Manage (vSphere 4.x and 5.x)
- VMware vSphere: Automation with vSphere PowerCLI (V4.x)
- VMware vSphere: Manage for Performance (V4.x)
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting (V4.x)
- Provide design assistance, administration, and troubleshooting of the lab cluster used by students attending VMware training programs provided by the college.
- Designed and assisted in the deployment of a 12 host VMware cluster hosting virtual machines used for class administration and student lab environments.
- Implemented VMware Distributed Power Management (DPM) to conserve power and cooling resources outside of class hours.
- Use PowerCLI to automate the deployment, exercise setup, and cleanup of lab environments.
ABNB Federal Credit Union, Chesapeake, VA
May 2007 – November 2012
Network Operations Manager
Lead a team of technicians and administrators responsible for maintaining the Credit Union’s technology infrastructure including server hardware, virtual environment, data storage, information security, IP networks, branch office connectivity, backups, and VoIP systems.
- Administer a 4 host VMware vSphere environment hosting 70+ virtual machines.
- Develop corporate policies and department procedures to address information security, change management, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
- Manage a team of help desk support technicians, network administrators, and system administrators that provide support to Credit Union staff and members.
MAP Communications, Inc., Chesapeake, VA
May 1996 – May 2007
Provided network and system support to local and remote users. Deployed and maintained the software and hardware supporting a nationwide answering service and messaging system.
- Administered Windows (NT, 2000, 2003), UnixWare, Solaris, and Linux servers.
- Configured and managed Cisco network hardware servicing the corporate LAN and 40+ remote point-of-sale offices.
- Worked with service providers to troubleshoot issues with ISDN, frame relay, PRI, and Point-to-Point T1 service.
United States Army, Fort Lewis Washington
July 1990 – November 1993
31FV4 – Node Center Switch Operator
- Honorably discharged veteran.
Tidewater Community College, Chesapeake, VA
Virtualization Career Studies Certificate – January 2011
Financial Services Career Studies Certificate – May 2010
Deep Creek High School
High School Diploma – June 1990