I am currently teaching the VMware vSphere: Automation with vSphere PowerCLI [V4.x] as part of the VMware IT Academy program offered at Tidewater Community College (TCC).
Here are a few of the online resources that I have referenced in the class:
VMware vSphere: Automation with vSphere PowerCLI [V4.X] course description/outline – http://www.vmware.com/go/vsphereautomation
Download the latest version of VMware PowerCLI and get access to the PowerCLI documentation at http://www.vmware.com/go/PowerCLI
PowerCLI Posters and Reference Cards:
- PowerCLI 4.1.1 Poster This PowerCLI poster is printable on 4 sheets of standard paper.
- PowerCLI 5.0 Poster
ProfessionalVMware.com BrownBag PowerCLI 101
This BrownBag Video is a great PowerCLI primer.
- PowerCLI 4.1 cmdlet reference: http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/PowerCLI/PowerCLI41/html/index.html
- PowerCLI 5.01 cmdlet reference: http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/PowerCLI/PowerCLI501/html/index.html
Other great resources:
- vTesseract – Resources for Getting Started with PowerCLI Automation
- 10 Steps to Kick-Start Your VMware Automation with PowerCLI
- Virtu-Al.net – http://www.virtu-al.net/ Nice resources of blog post and scripts.
- PowerShell.com – excellent resource for power shell tips and scripts.
- The VMware PowerCLI Community – VMware online community forum for PowerCLI.
- VMware vSphere PowerCLI Reference Book Website If you want to continue learning PowerCLI beyond what is covered in the class get this book.
If anyone has any useful PowerCLI resources please add a comment and I will update the post.
Read the rest of this entry →