I am an IT professional with experience selling, designing, implementing, and supporting datacenter infrastructure technologies which improve business processes and solve business problems. My experiences as an IT administrator, in partner pre-sales, and as part of a manufacturer pre-sales team enables me to quickly understand business challenges and effective position solutions in a highly competitive sales campaign on my own or as part of a sales team.
- VMware Certified Design Expert – Data Center Virtualization vSphere 5 and 6 (VCDX5-DCV) #128
- VMware Certified Professional vSphere 6 (VCP6)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Design vSphere 5 (VCAP5-DCD)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Administrator vSphere 5 (VCAP5-DCA)
- VMware Certified Professional vSphere 5 (VCP5)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional Datacenter Administrator vSphere 4 (VCAP4-DCA)
- VMware Certified Professional vSphere 4 (VCP4)
- Citrix Certified Associate – Apps and Desktops (CCA-AD)
- Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator for Citrix XenApp 6 (CCAA)
- Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenApp 6 (CCA)
- Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenDesktop 5 (CCA)
- EMC Proven Professional Information Storage Associate (EMCISA)
- Messaging the value of technology solutions to customers, influencers, and C-level decision makers.
- Effective positioning of a solution in a competitive sales campaign by detailing and highlighting the technical and business advantages of the solution.
- Designing infrastructure solutions which meet a customer’s technical and business requirements.
- Mentoring and enabling partners and peers on positioning, designing, and deploying hyperconverged infrastructure products and Hybrid IT solutions.
- Providing guidance and support to customers on the best practices of implementing, migrating to, and operating Hybrid IT datacenter solutions.
- Applying VMware methodologies and best practices to design, deploy, and optimize VMware solutions and technologies.
Awards, Accomplishments, and Recognitions
- VCDX-DCV #128
- HPE Hybrid IT World Wide Ambassador/Evangelist – 2017-2018
- VMware vExpert – 2012-2017
- Author VMware vSphere 6.x Datacenter Design Cookbook (ISBN 1785283464) – Published June 2016
- Author VMware vSphere 5.x Datacenter Design Cookbook (ISBN 1782177000) – Published January 2014
- ABS Technology Architects Employee of the Year – 2014
- Honorably Discharged Veteran – US Army – 1993
June 2015 – Present
Pre-Sales Solution Architect
As a pre-sales solution architect with SimpliVity, acquired by HPE in May 2017, I develop relationships with partners, customer influencers, and customer decision makers in order to present, position, and demonstrate hyperconverged infrastructure products and Hybrid IT solutions at a high level with the ability to dive deep into the technical architecture. Working with partners and customers I am able to quickly identify and understand the problems a business faces to effectively position products and design solutions which solve these problems.
- Present and discuss the value, features, and benefits of HPE/SimpliVity Hybrid IT solutions.
- Listen to customers, current or potential, to understand the challenges they face. Work with stakeholders to develop solutions which alleviate these challenges.
- Understand the competitive landscape within a sales campaign to effectively combat competitor FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) by focusing on the value and benefits a proposed solution brings to the business.
- Lead Proof of Concepts which demonstrate the features of hyperconverged and Hybrid IT solutions.
- Maintain ongoing trusted advisor relationship with partners and customers to identify new opportunities.
- Provide input to product management teams to influence the direction of product development based on customer requirements and field experiences.
- Provide training of partner sales, partner technical resources, and peers to enable them to effectively sell, implement, and support HPE/SimpliVity Hybrid IT products and solutions independently.
Tidewater Community College, Chesapeake, VA
January 2011 – Present
Provide instruction using VMware IT Academy (VITA) resources and through real world examples of the benefits gained by using virtualization and VMware technologies.
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, and Manage (vSphere 5.x, 6.x)
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale (vSphere 5.x, 6.x)
- Design and manage virtualized lab environments to support courses offered as part of the virtualization and security curriculum.
ABS Technology Architects, Virginia Beach, VA
November 2012 – May 2015
Senior Virtualization Engineer
Member of the Datacenter team at ABS Technology Architects. Datacenter pre-sales technical consulting, virtualization design, storage design, and solution implementation including server virtualization, enterprise storage, and desktop virtualization solutions.
- Design and implement solutions with Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series hardware.
- Design and implement solutions using enterprise storage arrays from EMC and Nimble Storage
- Design and implement virtual server and virtual desktop environments.
ABNB Federal Credit Union, Chesapeake, VA
May 2007 – November 2012
Network Operations Manager
Lead a team of technicians and administrators responsible for maintaining the Credit Union’s technology infrastructure including server hardware, virtual environment, data storage, information security, IP networks, branch office connectivity, backups, and VoIP systems.
- Lead the project to modernize the ABNB FCU datacenter to move them from an inefficient physical environment to a highly available virtualized datacenter.
- Develop corporate policies and department procedures to address information security, change management, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
- Ensure IT processes and systems meet NCUA compliance requirements for data protection, operational recovery, and data security.
- Manage a team of help desk support technicians, network administrators, and system administrators that provide support to Credit Union staff and members.
MAP Communications, Inc., Chesapeake, VA
May 1996 – May 2007
Provided network and system support to local and remote users. Deployed and maintained the software and hardware supporting a nationwide answering service and messaging system.
- Administered Windows (NT, 2000, 2003), UnixWare, Solaris, and Linux servers.
- Configured and managed Cisco network hardware servicing the corporate LAN and 40+ remote point-of-sale offices.
- Worked with service providers to troubleshoot issues with ISDN, frame relay, PRI, and Point-to-Point T1 service.
United States Army, Fort Lewis Washington
July 1990 – November 1993
31FV4 – Node Center Switch Operator
- Honorably discharged veteran.
Tidewater Community College, Chesapeake, VA
Associate of Applied Science – Information Systems Technology – 2012
Virtualization Career Studies Certificate – January 2011
Financial Services Career Studies Certificate – May 2010
Deep Creek High School
High School Diploma – June 1990