vBrownBag VCAP5-DCA Objective 9
I presented on the VCAP5-DCA Objective 9 – Perform Advanced vSphere Installation and Configurations for the ProfessionalVMware.com vBrownBag on Wednesday, May 23, 2012. The objective covers VMware Image Builder and VMware Auto Deploy.
Below is the recording of the presentations, the slide deck from the presentation, and some Image Builder/Auto Deploy reference links.
There was a lot of information to cover but hopefully this provides a pretty good overview of Image Builder and Auto Deploy that folks studying for the VCAP5-DCA to build on.
Some Image Builder and Auto Deploy links:
- Introduction to Auto Deploy: http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.vsphere.install.doc_50/GUID-9A827220-177E-40DE-99A0-E1EB62A49408.html
- Image Builder Overview: http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.vsphere.install.doc_50/GUID-C84C5113-3111-4A27-9096-D61EED29EF45.html
- Auto Deploy Best Practices: http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.vsphere.install.doc_50/GUID-980D9E38-633E-4557-9144-AC422FA239C5.html
- Sample Scripts for Automating Auto Deploy: http://blogs.vmware.com/esxi/2011/09/sample-scripts-for-automating-auto-deploy.html
- Auto Deploy Cheat Sheet: http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2011/09/05/cheat-sheet-auto-deploy/
- Great post on a Production Environment Auto Deploy Design: http://www.gabesvirtualworld.com/my-first-auto-deploy-design-for-real-production-environment/
The ProfessionalVMware.com page for the presentation can be found here: http://professionalvmware.com/2012/05/us-vbrownbag-follow-up-vcap-dca-objective-9-w-herseyc/
Congratulations to @kylemurley who won the copy of VMware vSphere 5 Administration Instant Reference based on his comments on the antique technologies I have in use at my home office. Your book is on the way.
Thanks to everyone that participated in the vBrownBag. I appreciate any constructive comments or feedback.
One thought on “vBrownBag VCAP5-DCA Objective 9”
Pingback: Link Dump – 5/25/12